Sunday, May 5, 2013

I ran 14 miles this morning in just under 3 hours!  This is great for me!  I am so excited.  I usually run a half in just under three , so to run 14 at the same is an accomplishment!  I almost bailed at mile 12, thought to myself that that was enough, but I gave myself a talking to and went for it.  So glad that I did.  The whole run felt pretty good.  Not saying, that my legs didn't get tired, because they did, they always do, but I did okay.

For these longer runs, I have been using Jeff Galloway's run/walk method.  I read , that for the marathon, he and his wife use 30 second run, 30 second walk.  I started out using exactly that this morning, or as exact as I can get, I still don't have a watch, so I count in my head.  As the run progressed I kept the 30 second walk, but upped the running.  It really does seem to work , to keep me from getting so tired.

I did register for the Cleveland Rite Aid Half marathon on May 19.  I hope, hope that I do well, I would love  to break 2:45 for the Half!  I would be a happy woman.  I will never be fast, but I would be happy with that.

I have been feeling kinda good doing these longer runs lately, dare I think that I might do another marathon?  It has been niggling in my brain the past few weeks.  What I would like to do is the Marine Corps marathon in Washington D.C. and wait until after my 65th birthday.  That would be November of 2014, since I will turn 65 Oct 31st of that year.  Then I would be in the older age group...I don't know, we shall see what happens.

Beautiful day here today.  Hopefully get outside and do some planting today.  Also cooking out for the first time this year.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment