Saturday, March 8, 2014

The winter that won't die!

I am beginning to believe that it will never stop snowing!   Been snowing all day here again today.  Not much accumulation, but I just don't even want to look at it anymore.

I have been forced to exercise indoors again all this week.  Been doing the 5-mile walk/jog DVD's with Leslie Sansone.  They are good and I feel I get a workout, but I have to build up my mileage.  I am going to have to resort to the gym and the treadmill if the weather doesn't improve and it sure does not look like that is going to happen anytime soon.  I know I shouldn't be, but I am embarrassed at the gym.  I am so slow and I feel like people are thinking "for heaven's sake, why doesn't she just walk?"  Anyway, I try to go super early in the morning when no one is there.  I realize that this is probably all in my own stupid head, but that's how I feel.  Silly, huh?  I wish I could get over this speed thing and just be happy to be moving at all, but it really bugs me.  It's like my legs just will not go any faster, I try.  Maybe when the weather warms up.

On a brighter note, I have entered a few contests on FB this season and I have won 2 paid entries into races of my choice!  So that means I am now registered for 3 half marathons, 2 of which are of no cost to me.  So I am running Cleveland in May, Lake Erie in August, and Mighty Niagara in September.  I should probably stop with those three, since I have been having all these darn aches and pains.  Think I will just play it by ear and see how I feel once I start to get my mileage built up.

Well, I am going to run 6 miles in the morning, hopefully outside, but I have a feeling it may be the treadmill.
I will let you know how I do.

ginny

1 comment:

  1. Surely the snow has cleared by now Ginny. And we're all dying to know how/where you ran your 6 miles. Come on, keep up. Show all those young 'uns how its done.....

    ReplyDelete