Sunday, March 3, 2013

Because I had such a good run on Friday, I was all set to go out and try to do a longish run this morning.  I was going to try for at least 6 miles.  Anyway, got up at 5:30 this morning, walked downstairs and saw that it had snowed overnight again!  Darn it!  It isn't much, but enough that I don't want to go out in it!  Darn, darn darn!  I am so sick of this winter, I could cry.  I know I can get out there, but it is probably slippery and it just dashed my intentions.  Guess I will wait now until it is light and see how it is.  I do not want to use the treadmill.  I really think I do suffer from the seasonal disorder where the lack of sunshine really despresses you.  The weather should not affect my mood as much as it does.  There is nothing we can do about it and I live in an area where the winters are long, long, long!  Should be used to it.  Just looked outside again, it is starting to get light, made me even more depressed, looks worse in the light.  Plan #2...I will do Leslie Sansone's walk/jog 4 miles in my living room, not the same, but better than nothing I guess, I just can't take the treadmill this morning.   At this rate I  will never be ready for a half marathon in May.  I have to say, in my younger days,  I would get out and run in any weather...I have run during sleet storms in Kansas City where I would sink ankle deep in slush!  I have run in Colorado where it was so cold one day that a person yelled out to me "are you crazy, it is 20 below zero"  , no lie, we had just moved there and I had no idea it was so cold.  But I much prefer when I am running in the warmth with sweat running down my legs, now that is my kind of run!  I totally should be living somewhere in the South.

So, do you think I have gone on and on about the weather enough?  This too shall pass, right???  right????  I live in fear of another year without a summer that occurred sometime last century.  I couldn't take it, I tell you, I couldn't take it!  

On a more cheerful note...I have to brag on my granddaughter, Mikayla.  She is 10 years old and is becoming quite a basketball player.  She played at her school earlier this year and now she is playing at the YMCA.  She is the only girl and can play with the best of those boys!  It is so much fun to watch.  My 2 other granddaughters are grreat at sports also.  Cassidy shines at softball and so does Meadow.  Meadow is only turning 10 and has been asked to play with girls much older than she.  Cassidy has always been good at softball and she is a junior in high school now  With softball season right around the corner, I am looking forward to many games.  They certainly did not get this talent from this grandmother!  I am terrible at sports, I will stick to running!  I was always the last person standing when choosing teams (Gees, I hated that feeling)  Just thinking of that makes me feel humiliated all these years later.

Okay, think I might go out and run anyway, or maybe not......

No comments:

Post a Comment